Para Modules: Document Deduplication & OnlyOffice Integration
Another two modules were launched this week at Parashift HQ – Document Deduplication and OnlyOffice Integration. The two latest additions now add up to a total of six released modules. Keep your eyes peeled for more over the coming weeks.
Content is growing at an exponential rate. In order to help manage this problem, it makes sense that we should be able to identify duplicate or near duplicate content, whether that be files, documents or even audio/visual media.
So, how do you find out if a document has a twin somewhere else in the system? Or how many versions of this document is lying around? Every now and again, you need to clean up your documents, but you may not know if you have copies or not.
Once installed Parashift’s Document Deduplication add-on for Alfresco will add a ‘similar documents’ panel into your Alfresco system. Here similar content is easily identified, whether they be near or exact matches, the system will show all results.
- The Document Deduplication module easily identifies the duplicated content which is then automatically displayed without having to send a command.
- Have you uploaded a file twice but with a slightly different name? That’s okay, the Document Deduplication module places results which are either exact or near matches to give you that added flexibility.
- Once results are identified they are placed conveniently at the bottom of the document viewer window under the ‘similar documents’ heading.
Microsoft Word is the world’s most popular word processing application. The problem is that it is just that – an application that you have to download and install on your desktop. This can be a lengthy and sometimes tricky exercise, not to mention the extra processes involved in uploading these documents into Alfresco. Wouldn’t it be useful to be able to edit and save a document online; in your browser?
Parashift’s OnlyOffice Integration add-on for Alfresco lets you edit any Word or Google Document in your browser, without installing any software. Better yet, it allows multiple users to collaborate in real time and save those changes back to Alfresco. In other words, you don’t need to switch back and forth between multiple applications to perform different tasks. Here you obtain a single multi-featured system to organise every step of your work improving your productivity and optimising efforts for success.
- The OnlyOffice Integration module is simple to use as there is no download or installation of software required.
- Rich text editing is a core ability of the OnlyOffice Integration module. The rich text editors aim is to reduce the effort for users trying to express their formatting directly as valid HTML mark-up.
- Want multiple users to work on one document? With the OnlyOffice Integration this is possible. The multiple user editing capability allows many users to edit and save at the same time.
- A new action named ‘Edit in OnlyOffice’ will be added to your list of Alfresco document actions. Simply click and begin to edit. It’s that easy.
Should you wish to enhance your Alfresco system, contact us to do so.